SxS people so often hate SxK, and vise versa. It’s kinda sad, really.
What I can’t stand about SxK is how utterly girly some authors make Kenshin. I don’t mind girly guys at all, but I just don’t think Kenshin is that way and I don’t like how unnecessarily weakened and uberukefied he gets in some of these fics. I could go off on a long rant about his character / why I feel like that, but I’m too tired right now. But I am starting to think, seriously, that I’m going to have to write (just to appease myself) a Sano-Kenshin fic (possibly SxK, possibly KxS, but most likely balanced) where Kenshin is (in my opinion) IC. But I don’t know if I really will, since in general I just loathe the pairing. I hate to admit it, because I don’t like disliking pairings, but I really hate Sano x Kenshin. And that’s not to say that I’ve never read any good SxK stories… as a matter of fact, 90% of the ones I’ve read have been quite enjoyable… but I sit through the whole thing squirming, going, “Man, I hate this pairing.” Sad.
And then I’ve heard all the arguments against SxS a thousand times over, and it’s one of those situations where I guess I understand… but I don’t really understand. Because, how can you not like them together? I’m just too enamoured of the pairing to accept any of the arguments. I feel pigheaded and bitchy, but it irks me when people say that they like SxK but hate SxS; I feel like I’m clinging doggedly to an arbitrary side of a barely infinitesimally important argument. The reason I’m going on about all of this, BTW, is that I just read an SxK author’s statement that s/he hates SxS, and for some reason it really pricked me — a clear sign that I am waaay too into this stuff, ne? Perhaps if I weren’t so freaking tired I could think more rationally.
1. What time is it? 3:24 PM
2. Name as it appears on birth certificate? _______r R____ ____r_
3. Nickname I’d like people to call me? Whatever they feel like calling me
4. Number of candles on last birthday cake? Well, I assume it was 22, but I don’t really remember if I had candles or not.
5. Birthday? September 2, 1980
6. Pets? Aoshi-chan my adorable fishy
7. Favorite Movie? Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door
8. Piercing? Twice in my ears
9. What would you buy for yourself (ONLY) right this minute?: Is this if I had the money to do so (a car), or with the money I have at the moment (maybe a stick of gum)?
10. How much do you love your job/school?: School is OK. Work sucks.
11. Favorite thing to do in the summer?: Be warm. Yeahhhhh…….
12. Longest Friendship? Define friendship
13. Favorite Foods? Potatoes and various Chinese things
14. Been to Africa? I wish
15. Favorite Magazine?: Don’t really read ’em
16. Ever loved somebody so much it made you cry? Hai
17. Of the people you know, who would be best contestant for the next Survivor? I’ve never watched that show, so I really have no clue
18. Where would you live if you could transfer your job anywhere? Japan
19. Favorite Day of the Week? Friday or Saturday
20. Favorite word or phrase? Dunnu
21. Favorite Restaurant? 2000 Wok
22. Favorite Flower? Roses; I’m generic
23. Favorite drink? Fresca
24. Favorite sport to watch? Hockey
25. Favorite ice-cream? B&R’s Daiquiri Ice
26. What gift would you give to the person who sent you this email? A holy sakabatou
27. Favorite Fast Food Restaurant? *sighs* McDonald’s
28. Your Favorite childhood toy? I don’t remember; I had a doll named Mandy (still do, actually) that I liked a lot
29. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? I never did
30. Before this one, whose e-mail did you read last? I don’t remember. Probably one of the messages from Sana’s yaoi ml.
31. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Gah, don’t even talk to me about stuff like that. I am so freaking out about money right now. Still, Hot Topic (since Lucky Neko Anime and Hobbies shut down).
32. What do you do most often when you are bored? I don’t really get bored; my mind is a very entertaining place to live
33. Most annoying thing people ask me? Always these questions from older adults who know who I am from church but don’t really know anything about me and want to be polite: “So what are you doing these days?” “So, are you going to school?” “So, where are you working?” Gah…
34. Who will respond to this e-mail the quickest? Everyone should know by now that I never reply to these things via email. I’m not sure why I post ’em on my lj… I doubt anyone reads them.
35. Who is the person you sent this to that is the least likely to respond? What did I just say….? I don’t remember. Obviously the survey doesn’t either.
36. Favorite TV Show? I don’t watch TV.
37. Last person you went out to dinner with? My sister Pookster.
38. What would you do for a profession, if you had your choice? Write.
39. Time you finished this e-mail? Not an email, but 3:41 PM.