Gold Eyes False

It might not be so bad if we weren’t outside in the rain, and he wasn’t such a complete bastard.

When Sano is forced to live a day as Saitou and Saitou is forced to observe, the resulting realizations are nothing like what they expect.

Unique to this comic: astonishingly ugly art.

001

Image 2 of 101

This is Saitou’s office, a prominent character in this story and a shape-shifter: later it grows a chair-rail and a hovering ominous darkness that allows me to ignore every light source around. Very cool stuff.

In full spite of the ugly art and often confusing layout, I’ve rated this comic . What do you think of it?

307 Comments

1. Anonymous

squee!!! I know you aren’t quite satisfied with these pages but they are still pretty! and i love the lightening!! ^_^

FarStrider

• kuroiyousei

*beams*

Thanks! I will probably end up re-drawing the Sano page and that one Saitou-Spock frame altogether, but they’ll stay the way they are for now. The good news is that I got the next page almost entirely drawn during class this evening! I can fix it up tomorrow and post it!

• Anonymous

Re: *beams*

hahahahahahahaha. . .Aren’t you supposed to be actually paying attention in class, young lady??? ^__~

FarStrider

oh, by the way, I posted this on your message board. . .

• kuroiyousei

LOL

Hey, I can listen and draw at the same time. And if I have my notebook directly beneath my drawing, I can even jot down important points when they come up.

But the truth is, I didn’t actually go to class at all today. I sat in the school parking lot listening to metal at top volume in my car and drew.

2. orotaku

LOL!! “Oh. That kind of idiot.” That was great, Fae!!

3. Anonymous

Scary. . .

I feel so strange, posting here, but I really want to know what will happen if I “attack you.” Well, that and I just noticed another instance of parallelism in the newest GEF page–the ahou/shit responses. Man, anymore parallelism and something is going to explode. . . Is it something like with what you said about Tokio, instinctive and analyzed afterward? I honestly think that’s about the only way stuff like that happens. . . Can you imagine trying to consciously remember all those little details and techniques?

Ah, I was also wondering about the two mirror panels in GEF16–were those also supposed to represent a bit of the parallelism, or did they just make for a more balanced panel?

-Jadey

(how could i be proper stalker/courter if i didn’t lurk around your ljs?)

• kuroiyousei

Heh

You are now officially the first person to have made a response in this lj. Sasuga stalker Jadey! And all that happens when you “attack” me is that you get to see my cool comments link! Well, that, and I ramble on for quite a while, thus:

That’s an interesting question, now that you’ve made me think about it. See, I plan out the pages beforehand in Word (not the pics; just the dialogue and thoughts), and in my original plan, it was “Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.” Then when I went to put that into the page, I found myself changing it for apparently no reason. I didn’t realize why I’d cut it down to three and used periods rather than commas until I looked at the whole page. So I guess it was rather the instinctive thing, wasn’t it? *g*

And although I may have ideas for deeper meanings in the art, those rarely get carried out because I struggle just to get the pictures remotely the way I want them to look in the first place. So feel free to consider the mirror panels symbolic as you please; the only reason they are like that is because that way all I had to draw was Saitou’s head and the (crooked) mirror frame, and then I could do the mirror effect after I’d scanned it! Ah, laziness, the bane of my existence.

=D

4. Anonymous

Woot! Gold Eyes False update, yay!! I’m really enjoying it, despite my petty envy of your talent. Personally, I have the artistic ability of a three-toed sloth with Parkinson’s. (no offence to three-toed sloths or those with Parkinson’s) At any rate, I’m curious as hell to see what happens. Oh! I especially liked where Sano had “his” hand on his head and he glances at it out of the corner of his eyes and quickly drops it ’cause it’s a “Sano” gesture. Very cool. ^_^
    Lychee

• kuroiyousei

Thanks! I generally tend to think that my art seriously sucks, but as long as it gets the point across, I get over it. I’m glad you like it, anyway. ^__^

5. vihm

Well, I happened to land at your wwwpage because of sxsas yahoo ring notice that sequel to As the years go up in smoke is complete. And read it again as I barely remembered it and the sequel, and man can you write deliciously.

But, as it goes, I looked at your other update posts here and took a look at your DJ. It’s the most hilarious DJ I’ve read ever. I can’t wait for more. The place where Sano and Saitou stood in water back to back could use a scientific diagram about magnetics :D

I love your drawing style (Thank god it’s not like some others out there that _try_ to be beautiful and look exactly that). And the notes helped a laugh or two.

• momentsdrift

Well, thanks so much! I’m glad you liked the sequel and GEF. One of these days I really do need to get back to posting that poor thing, don’t I? :D

• vihm

Dead sure.

6. hishighnesshiko

COLOUR!!! WEEKLY UPDATES!!!!! GEFGEFGEFGEFGEF!!!!!!!

Hee hee, Sano can do Saitou’s job for him. Hee hee.

Hee hee, fuzzing out of kanji so that you don’t have to be specific about all of them.

EYES.

• momentsdrift

Yeah, there was no way I was going to draw all those kanji wis my terrible handwriting. I did consider it might be kinda fun to play backwards-Engrish game and make it say bizarre stuff, but I was far too lazy.

And, yeth, eyes!! I thought it would be appropriate for the first page in color to have eyes on it ^__^

7. ladyames

it’s alive! it’s alive! ^__^ sorry, crazy moment there.

yes, you were right, it does look cool in color too.

*snicker* i love that sano gets it right away. XD

and weekly updates?! and and… ok, i’ll stop jabbering now.

love!

• momentsdrift

Once upon a time there really were daily updates. I kept it up for a few months in a row, even!! Ah, I was awesome back then…

Anyway, glad you like.

• momentsdrift

And by that I meant weekly, not daily. If there had been daily updates for a few months in a row, we’d be on page 80 or something.

• ladyames

i thought that’s what you meant. i didn’t think there were that many pages.

anyway, you are still the awesome!

• momentsdrift

Well, there probably will be… but we’re definitely not that far along yet…

• ladyames

ahhh… i shall wait patiently, as always XD, for more.

8. meraehl

This is awesome!

What a good idea, and well executed. I love Saitou’s thoughts on Sano’s on Saitou ^_^;. I’m quite envious of the way you can write funny and interesting dialogue.

Looking forward to more. ^_^

• momentsdrift

Thankyou thankyou! I am so glad you like it, and that it’s funny! Hopefully I’ll be able to get back on track now and keep working on it!

^__^

9. hishighnesshiko

Saitou’s eyes in the second panel are the most awesome ever. GLARE.

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu! Although they’re supposed to be suddenly somewhat worriedly thoughtful…

• hishighnesshiko

Being Saitou’s eyes, they will always look sort of like a glare, but I also got the impression that he was comtemplating seriously what to destroy next.

DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!!

I mean, OK ^__^

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu. I do too. Once I figured out what to put in it XD Seriously, when I plotted the frames, that was not what was going to go there. What was, however, is lost to the mists of time.

• ladyames

well, it can spend some time with many of my long forgotten ideas. :P

• momentsdrift

Oh, they can totally have a forgotten-idea orgy!!! Since I bet lots of them involve Saitou and Sano, it should be terribly pleasant, ne? :D

• ladyames

yes yes. too bad we are not able to witness it. ^^

• momentsdrift

Yeah, if we could, the ideas would no longer be forgotten, and therefore would not be there. In which case we would not be witnessing them orge.

• ladyames

oh well, we shall just have to deal with the thought of Saitou and Sano smexing. how sad… :P

10. ladyames

who is it? who is it? *waits*

• momentsdrift

Da ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

11. ladyames

pretty purple! *grabbie hands* need more… :P

• ladyames

just me? *pouty face* :P

• momentsdrift

Yeth. Everyone else in existence including dead people get to see the next page immediately. Only you have to wait.

• momentsdrift

You can buy your way into my favor if you have several pounds of jelly beans.

• ladyames

i’ll see what i can do.

12. kikue_mugen

TYvm faery for ‘gold eyes false’ … been waiting for this one a long time inbetween. Looking forward to the next.

BTW I’m also enjoying “Aku,Soku,Zan(za)!

Saankyuu; I’m glad you like them ^__^

13. ladyames

*sits on hands* will not beg for more… will not beg for more…

14. ladyames

i just reread the entire thing yesterday in preparation for today, and, i must say, i’m not disappointed. :D

• momentsdrift

Heh! Not that today is particularly exciting or anything! Still, awesomeness. I’m glad you like it :D

• momentsdrift

XD I can’t get enough of him hiding behind the desk peeking up at it. That makes me so happy.

15. Anonymous

Dedra here =P

Haha, it’s so strange seeing “Saitou” acting like this x]

• momentsdrift

Ngyee hee, yeth, I love it. That’s half the point of the body-switcher plot, after all XD

16. ladyames

*pokes bag for him* XP

*throws pre-fifty confetti*

• momentsdrift

*sniggers* Good thing it’s not really going to explode.

17. Anonymous

Dedra here =P

Wow, 50 pages! Hotness x] GEF has been great so far, and I love this page haha. Do I hear 100? heh =)

• momentsdrift

^______________^ Yeth, it may be over 100 by the time it’s finished… which would actually be a pain in the ass, as I’ll have to rename all the previous files to add an extra zero. But whatever! :D Thanks for commenting!

18. ladyames

alrighty, i brought the cake, ice cream and balloons. i am ready for a party. XD

Da ha ha… the blush is priceless!

• momentsdrift

His eyes are, like, two inches apart, though. This one may bother me enough that I’ll fix it, heh. BUT PARTY. *dances*

19. farstrider

Why do I get the feeling that this won’t turn out well? Oh. . . mayhap because you’re writing it? ^____^. . . .

~FS

• momentsdrift

But I am niiiiiiiiiiiiiice person wis many happy thoughts! Why would you suspect me????????

• farstrider

because I’m cynical and have read all of your RK stuff????

• momentsdrift

But my RK stuff is nice wis many happy thoughts too!!!!! Except some of it. Cynicism is nice wis many happy thoughts too ^__^

20. ladyames

oh, the hands in the last panel(s)… nice.

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu. Unlike manparts and some other stuff, I actually have hands, so they’re a little easier to scribble than other things I don’t bother looking up models for.

21. miralee_heen

Love this page (and love the whole story)! The smoking thing is a good idea.

Miralee (aka Kate. I’m the one who commented on your website)

• momentsdrift

Thanks!!! I’m glad you like it! Yeah, it’s about time he broke out the cigarettes. He’ll feel better after a couple, heh. ^__^

22. Anonymous

Dedra here

Loverly, as usual =) Keep ’em comin’! =P

23. ladyames

*snicker* Saitou’s line is the best! XD

24. fe

wow… riveting dialogue.

25. dragynsidhe

I finally catched up. I like!!!

Hee heee, navel.

• momentsdrift

^_____________^ We’re approaching a climax of sorts here, in case you couldn’t tell. You caught up at the right time!

26. Anonymous

Dedra =]

Hahaha, most definitely! What a great present ;D Happy Holidays!

27. Anonymous

It’s Leah [lovingyouin1963]

At work and it’s a bitch to sign in…

…anywho…

Sanosuke screaming Saitou’s name is a great Christmas present!!!

28. farstrider

Yes I can believe that you posted on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve because you are awesome like that. . . .If you are still stuck, how did you get the present? I’m really glad that you will find it useful!

As for the page. . . .HEEEE! Sano’s moving pretty fast for a person who was in a coma just seconds ago. . . . ^___^

~FS

• momentsdrift

I am not still stuck. I went to my home and grabbed some stuff (tablet, underwear, your present) yesterday, and will stay here a bit longer. It is still wearisome not to be at home, but it is also a sad thought to go home when M is in town.

• momentsdrift

OR LOOK AT IT TWELVE MILLION BECAUSE IT IS SO CUTE.

29. lovingyouin1963

Can’t wait for your surprise! And congrats on the anni — that’s a long time. You stuck to it and because of that, I can still read some good SaiSa =]

Thanks ♥

Leah [bellehimechan]

• farstrider

Yes, it would be a shame to not spend as much time as possible with M. . . . did you get the keyring too? That is for when there are slow times at work and you want to work on item. . .

~FS

30. hishighnesshiko

Tomato juice all over the floor! We need — MR CLEAN.

• momentsdrift

It looked even more like some kind of edible substance when it was totally opaque. Teh awesome.

31. Anonymous

Dedra here

Haha, I love the dialogue and how concerned Sano is ;D Can’t wait for next week!

32. jasmedra

Haha man, way to build up suspense! I’m so anxious every week to see what’s going to happen next, I’m gonna die of a heart attack sooner or later x]

33. jasmedra

Hahaha. “Helplessly watching everything you did.” (“Namely, playing with my navel” x]) And I like the Saitou looks on the top there =)

34. lovingyouin1963

I just went back to read the section when he was messing with his belly button and making his hair like antennae *ROFL*

I do love this story!

Poor, humiliated Sano-kun xD

35. lovingyouin1963

OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ::falls off of chair::

POOR SANOSUKE!

xD

• momentsdrift

:D :D :D I’ve been waiting so long to get to this page.

• lovingyouin1963

*snerk* I can see you going *heehee* while you were drawing it…you know, stopping every few minutes to guffaw xD

36. lovingyouin1963

xD That’s great. Revenge is sweet.

We should hold a funeral for Saitou’s burned antennae, LOL.

Heh heh heh…

If by ‘funeral’ you mean ‘sexual encounter between Saitou and Sano,’ then I agree.

• momentsdrift

That’s what I want at my funeral, anyway.

Sankyuu. I hope so too.

• jasmedra

Sorry to hear you’re sick =[ And thanks for posting up another great page in spite of it! ;D You rock. And I am very much in favor of the ‘funeral.’

• momentsdrift

Can you imagine?? You’re all at some funeral dressed up and everything’s all somber, and then somebody announces, “And now, to commemorate the obsession–er, life of the deceased, these two fictional or semi-fictional characters are going to have sex in front of you.”

*falls over laughing*

• lovingyouin1963

How great would that be?!

First time I’d cry for joy; would be the best funeral I’d ever been to, for sure!

You should put it in your will *snerk*

*headdesk*

• momentsdrift

I can only shudder at the thought of my family’s reaction XD

37. lovingyouin1963

Yeah ^^ Another installment! And right before work. Yayness.

“Though I kinda deserved that one.” — Hey, man, at least he admits it.

• momentsdrift

Uh, by… being lazy? Probably.

Out here at the docks?? Let them at least get inside first XD XD XD

Da ha ha ha ha, do they indeed say that?