Gold Eyes False

It might not be so bad if we weren’t outside in the rain, and he wasn’t such a complete bastard.

When Sano is forced to live a day as Saitou and Saitou is forced to observe, the resulting realizations are nothing like what they expect.

Unique to this comic: astonishingly ugly art.

100

Image 101 of 101

Oh, is this the end? I guess it must be because it says so. The End.

Oh, what can I say about this comic? I went through phases of trying to make it look decent, and others of not caring at all about the visuals because I just wanted to tell the story. In fact, it was originally a prose story, but there were some moments that just screamed for visual representation (like all the nonsense Sano does when he first finds himself inside Saitou’s body). The whole thing took me forever to complete, and, as you can see in the comments, I had some amazing support all the way through despite the visuals. In fact, when it was finished, evidently not having learned my lesson, I immediately started in on another comic. Fortunately I eventually got tired of spending so many hours on pages that never looked any good, and turned that one (Heretic’s Reward) into a much better prose story.

I’ve been told that my commentary on the GEF pages is as much fun as the comic itself, so I kept that available to read beneath the pages. However, I don’t know if anyone has read the comic at all since a year or two after its completion XD Anyway, in full spite of the ugly drawings and often confusing page layouts, I think the story is pretty damn brilliant, and I’ve rated this comic .

307 Comments

1. Anonymous

squee!!! I know you aren’t quite satisfied with these pages but they are still pretty! and i love the lightening!! ^_^

FarStrider

• kuroiyousei

*beams*

Thanks! I will probably end up re-drawing the Sano page and that one Saitou-Spock frame altogether, but they’ll stay the way they are for now. The good news is that I got the next page almost entirely drawn during class this evening! I can fix it up tomorrow and post it!

• Anonymous

Re: *beams*

hahahahahahahaha. . .Aren’t you supposed to be actually paying attention in class, young lady??? ^__~

FarStrider

oh, by the way, I posted this on your message board. . .

• kuroiyousei

LOL

Hey, I can listen and draw at the same time. And if I have my notebook directly beneath my drawing, I can even jot down important points when they come up.

But the truth is, I didn’t actually go to class at all today. I sat in the school parking lot listening to metal at top volume in my car and drew.

2. orotaku

LOL!! “Oh. That kind of idiot.” That was great, Fae!!

3. Anonymous

Scary. . .

I feel so strange, posting here, but I really want to know what will happen if I “attack you.” Well, that and I just noticed another instance of parallelism in the newest GEF page–the ahou/shit responses. Man, anymore parallelism and something is going to explode. . . Is it something like with what you said about Tokio, instinctive and analyzed afterward? I honestly think that’s about the only way stuff like that happens. . . Can you imagine trying to consciously remember all those little details and techniques?

Ah, I was also wondering about the two mirror panels in GEF16–were those also supposed to represent a bit of the parallelism, or did they just make for a more balanced panel?

-Jadey

(how could i be proper stalker/courter if i didn’t lurk around your ljs?)

• kuroiyousei

Heh

You are now officially the first person to have made a response in this lj. Sasuga stalker Jadey! And all that happens when you “attack” me is that you get to see my cool comments link! Well, that, and I ramble on for quite a while, thus:

That’s an interesting question, now that you’ve made me think about it. See, I plan out the pages beforehand in Word (not the pics; just the dialogue and thoughts), and in my original plan, it was “Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.” Then when I went to put that into the page, I found myself changing it for apparently no reason. I didn’t realize why I’d cut it down to three and used periods rather than commas until I looked at the whole page. So I guess it was rather the instinctive thing, wasn’t it? *g*

And although I may have ideas for deeper meanings in the art, those rarely get carried out because I struggle just to get the pictures remotely the way I want them to look in the first place. So feel free to consider the mirror panels symbolic as you please; the only reason they are like that is because that way all I had to draw was Saitou’s head and the (crooked) mirror frame, and then I could do the mirror effect after I’d scanned it! Ah, laziness, the bane of my existence.

=D

4. Anonymous

Woot! Gold Eyes False update, yay!! I’m really enjoying it, despite my petty envy of your talent. Personally, I have the artistic ability of a three-toed sloth with Parkinson’s. (no offence to three-toed sloths or those with Parkinson’s) At any rate, I’m curious as hell to see what happens. Oh! I especially liked where Sano had “his” hand on his head and he glances at it out of the corner of his eyes and quickly drops it ’cause it’s a “Sano” gesture. Very cool. ^_^
    Lychee

• kuroiyousei

Thanks! I generally tend to think that my art seriously sucks, but as long as it gets the point across, I get over it. I’m glad you like it, anyway. ^__^

5. vihm

Well, I happened to land at your wwwpage because of sxsas yahoo ring notice that sequel to As the years go up in smoke is complete. And read it again as I barely remembered it and the sequel, and man can you write deliciously.

But, as it goes, I looked at your other update posts here and took a look at your DJ. It’s the most hilarious DJ I’ve read ever. I can’t wait for more. The place where Sano and Saitou stood in water back to back could use a scientific diagram about magnetics :D

I love your drawing style (Thank god it’s not like some others out there that _try_ to be beautiful and look exactly that). And the notes helped a laugh or two.

• momentsdrift

Well, thanks so much! I’m glad you liked the sequel and GEF. One of these days I really do need to get back to posting that poor thing, don’t I? :D

• vihm

Dead sure.

6. hishighnesshiko

COLOUR!!! WEEKLY UPDATES!!!!! GEFGEFGEFGEFGEF!!!!!!!

Hee hee, Sano can do Saitou’s job for him. Hee hee.

Hee hee, fuzzing out of kanji so that you don’t have to be specific about all of them.

EYES.

• momentsdrift

Yeah, there was no way I was going to draw all those kanji wis my terrible handwriting. I did consider it might be kinda fun to play backwards-Engrish game and make it say bizarre stuff, but I was far too lazy.

And, yeth, eyes!! I thought it would be appropriate for the first page in color to have eyes on it ^__^

7. ladyames

it’s alive! it’s alive! ^__^ sorry, crazy moment there.

yes, you were right, it does look cool in color too.

*snicker* i love that sano gets it right away. XD

and weekly updates?! and and… ok, i’ll stop jabbering now.

love!

• momentsdrift

Once upon a time there really were daily updates. I kept it up for a few months in a row, even!! Ah, I was awesome back then…

Anyway, glad you like.

• momentsdrift

And by that I meant weekly, not daily. If there had been daily updates for a few months in a row, we’d be on page 80 or something.

• ladyames

i thought that’s what you meant. i didn’t think there were that many pages.

anyway, you are still the awesome!

• momentsdrift

Well, there probably will be… but we’re definitely not that far along yet…

• ladyames

ahhh… i shall wait patiently, as always XD, for more.

8. meraehl

This is awesome!

What a good idea, and well executed. I love Saitou’s thoughts on Sano’s on Saitou ^_^;. I’m quite envious of the way you can write funny and interesting dialogue.

Looking forward to more. ^_^

• momentsdrift

Thankyou thankyou! I am so glad you like it, and that it’s funny! Hopefully I’ll be able to get back on track now and keep working on it!

^__^

9. hishighnesshiko

Saitou’s eyes in the second panel are the most awesome ever. GLARE.

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu! Although they’re supposed to be suddenly somewhat worriedly thoughtful…

• hishighnesshiko

Being Saitou’s eyes, they will always look sort of like a glare, but I also got the impression that he was comtemplating seriously what to destroy next.

DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY!!

I mean, OK ^__^

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu. I do too. Once I figured out what to put in it XD Seriously, when I plotted the frames, that was not what was going to go there. What was, however, is lost to the mists of time.

• ladyames

well, it can spend some time with many of my long forgotten ideas. :P

• momentsdrift

Oh, they can totally have a forgotten-idea orgy!!! Since I bet lots of them involve Saitou and Sano, it should be terribly pleasant, ne? :D

• ladyames

yes yes. too bad we are not able to witness it. ^^

• momentsdrift

Yeah, if we could, the ideas would no longer be forgotten, and therefore would not be there. In which case we would not be witnessing them orge.

• ladyames

oh well, we shall just have to deal with the thought of Saitou and Sano smexing. how sad… :P

10. ladyames

who is it? who is it? *waits*

• momentsdrift

Da ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

11. ladyames

pretty purple! *grabbie hands* need more… :P

• ladyames

just me? *pouty face* :P

• momentsdrift

Yeth. Everyone else in existence including dead people get to see the next page immediately. Only you have to wait.

• momentsdrift

You can buy your way into my favor if you have several pounds of jelly beans.

• ladyames

i’ll see what i can do.

12. kikue_mugen

TYvm faery for ‘gold eyes false’ … been waiting for this one a long time inbetween. Looking forward to the next.

BTW I’m also enjoying “Aku,Soku,Zan(za)!

Saankyuu; I’m glad you like them ^__^

13. ladyames

*sits on hands* will not beg for more… will not beg for more…

14. ladyames

i just reread the entire thing yesterday in preparation for today, and, i must say, i’m not disappointed. :D

• momentsdrift

Heh! Not that today is particularly exciting or anything! Still, awesomeness. I’m glad you like it :D

• momentsdrift

XD I can’t get enough of him hiding behind the desk peeking up at it. That makes me so happy.

15. Anonymous

Dedra here =P

Haha, it’s so strange seeing “Saitou” acting like this x]

• momentsdrift

Ngyee hee, yeth, I love it. That’s half the point of the body-switcher plot, after all XD

16. ladyames

*pokes bag for him* XP

*throws pre-fifty confetti*

• momentsdrift

*sniggers* Good thing it’s not really going to explode.

17. Anonymous

Dedra here =P

Wow, 50 pages! Hotness x] GEF has been great so far, and I love this page haha. Do I hear 100? heh =)

• momentsdrift

^______________^ Yeth, it may be over 100 by the time it’s finished… which would actually be a pain in the ass, as I’ll have to rename all the previous files to add an extra zero. But whatever! :D Thanks for commenting!

18. ladyames

alrighty, i brought the cake, ice cream and balloons. i am ready for a party. XD

Da ha ha… the blush is priceless!

• momentsdrift

His eyes are, like, two inches apart, though. This one may bother me enough that I’ll fix it, heh. BUT PARTY. *dances*

19. farstrider

Why do I get the feeling that this won’t turn out well? Oh. . . mayhap because you’re writing it? ^____^. . . .

~FS

• momentsdrift

But I am niiiiiiiiiiiiiice person wis many happy thoughts! Why would you suspect me????????

• farstrider

because I’m cynical and have read all of your RK stuff????

• momentsdrift

But my RK stuff is nice wis many happy thoughts too!!!!! Except some of it. Cynicism is nice wis many happy thoughts too ^__^

20. ladyames

oh, the hands in the last panel(s)… nice.

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu. Unlike manparts and some other stuff, I actually have hands, so they’re a little easier to scribble than other things I don’t bother looking up models for.

21. miralee_heen

Love this page (and love the whole story)! The smoking thing is a good idea.

Miralee (aka Kate. I’m the one who commented on your website)

• momentsdrift

Thanks!!! I’m glad you like it! Yeah, it’s about time he broke out the cigarettes. He’ll feel better after a couple, heh. ^__^

22. Anonymous

Dedra here

Loverly, as usual =) Keep ’em comin’! =P

23. ladyames

*snicker* Saitou’s line is the best! XD

24. fe

wow… riveting dialogue.

25. dragynsidhe

I finally catched up. I like!!!

Hee heee, navel.

• momentsdrift

^_____________^ We’re approaching a climax of sorts here, in case you couldn’t tell. You caught up at the right time!

26. Anonymous

Dedra =]

Hahaha, most definitely! What a great present ;D Happy Holidays!

27. Anonymous

It’s Leah [lovingyouin1963]

At work and it’s a bitch to sign in…

…anywho…

Sanosuke screaming Saitou’s name is a great Christmas present!!!

28. farstrider

Yes I can believe that you posted on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve because you are awesome like that. . . .If you are still stuck, how did you get the present? I’m really glad that you will find it useful!

As for the page. . . .HEEEE! Sano’s moving pretty fast for a person who was in a coma just seconds ago. . . . ^___^

~FS

• momentsdrift

I am not still stuck. I went to my home and grabbed some stuff (tablet, underwear, your present) yesterday, and will stay here a bit longer. It is still wearisome not to be at home, but it is also a sad thought to go home when M is in town.

• momentsdrift

OR LOOK AT IT TWELVE MILLION BECAUSE IT IS SO CUTE.

29. lovingyouin1963

Can’t wait for your surprise! And congrats on the anni — that’s a long time. You stuck to it and because of that, I can still read some good SaiSa =]

Thanks ♥

Leah [bellehimechan]

• farstrider

Yes, it would be a shame to not spend as much time as possible with M. . . . did you get the keyring too? That is for when there are slow times at work and you want to work on item. . .

~FS

30. hishighnesshiko

Tomato juice all over the floor! We need — MR CLEAN.

• momentsdrift

It looked even more like some kind of edible substance when it was totally opaque. Teh awesome.

31. Anonymous

Dedra here

Haha, I love the dialogue and how concerned Sano is ;D Can’t wait for next week!

32. jasmedra

Haha man, way to build up suspense! I’m so anxious every week to see what’s going to happen next, I’m gonna die of a heart attack sooner or later x]

33. jasmedra

Hahaha. “Helplessly watching everything you did.” (“Namely, playing with my navel” x]) And I like the Saitou looks on the top there =)

34. lovingyouin1963

I just went back to read the section when he was messing with his belly button and making his hair like antennae *ROFL*

I do love this story!

Poor, humiliated Sano-kun xD

35. lovingyouin1963

OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ::falls off of chair::

POOR SANOSUKE!

xD

• momentsdrift

:D :D :D I’ve been waiting so long to get to this page.

• lovingyouin1963

*snerk* I can see you going *heehee* while you were drawing it…you know, stopping every few minutes to guffaw xD

36. lovingyouin1963

xD That’s great. Revenge is sweet.

We should hold a funeral for Saitou’s burned antennae, LOL.

Heh heh heh…

If by ‘funeral’ you mean ‘sexual encounter between Saitou and Sano,’ then I agree.

• momentsdrift

That’s what I want at my funeral, anyway.

Sankyuu. I hope so too.

• jasmedra

Sorry to hear you’re sick =[ And thanks for posting up another great page in spite of it! ;D You rock. And I am very much in favor of the ‘funeral.’

• momentsdrift

Can you imagine?? You’re all at some funeral dressed up and everything’s all somber, and then somebody announces, “And now, to commemorate the obsession–er, life of the deceased, these two fictional or semi-fictional characters are going to have sex in front of you.”

*falls over laughing*

• lovingyouin1963

How great would that be?!

First time I’d cry for joy; would be the best funeral I’d ever been to, for sure!

You should put it in your will *snerk*

*headdesk*

• momentsdrift

I can only shudder at the thought of my family’s reaction XD

37. lovingyouin1963

Yeah ^^ Another installment! And right before work. Yayness.

“Though I kinda deserved that one.” — Hey, man, at least he admits it.

• momentsdrift

Uh, by… being lazy? Probably.

Out here at the docks?? Let them at least get inside first XD XD XD

Da ha ha ha ha, do they indeed say that?

38. lychee1968

Awesome. How’d you get Saitou to look scary (as usual) and yet a tad chagrined?

And now… on to the smut!!

You know what they say, subtext=buttsex!

39. jasmedra

Yay for double dosages! x] And yeah, haha, trust Saitou to drop the bombshell. Can’t wait to see Sano’s reaction ;D

• momentsdrift

:D Neither can I. Well, actually, I can. Because if I couldn’t that would mean I’d have to draw the page early, and I am far far too lazy for that.

40. lovingyouin1963

xD I love Saitou & his witticisms xD Can’t wait til next week ^^

41. lovingyouin1963

Chou’s expression is GREAT ^^ So is the threesome line. Y’ know, I’ve never come across a SaitouXSanoXChou threesome before…. *snerk*

• lovingyouin1963

HAHA. And you’d do it well, I’m sure ^^ It’s something to look forward to — along with Vamp!Sano ♥

• lovingyouin1963

P>S>

BTW, in case you missed my post yesterday, I have a letter for you xD

• momentsdrift

I did see that post ^_____^ Yay letter!!

I actually will probably not ever make a Saitou/Sano/Chou threesome. But someday I will make Saitou/Chou love. VampiSano will probably come long before that :D

• lovingyouin1963

Saitou/Chou love sounds good. Although, I have to say, the threesome would seem like it would belong in a smut/crude humor category. Could you honestly see the sexual banter between the three of them?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AMEN (haha) to Vamp!Sano.

• lovingyouin1963

You teh ROCK, Faery ^^

Oi…I didn’t know you had an actual list of Saitou/? pairings…

…eew, I’m kinda glad the Saitou/Kaoru fics are obsolete O_O

• jasmedra

Haha I really feel like I’ve been living under a rock, because aside from very very vague inklings of Weiß Kreuz, Shaman King, and Sailormoon, I don’t know any of the others.
                I do know Harry Potter fairly well, but don’t usually like most of the canon pairings, probably because I haven’t looked for them, and thus haven’t had the chance to discover the really good ones. I’m actually a pretty predominantly-slash shipper, and of course Harry Potter canon doesn’t provide me with much of that.
                In HP fandom, I tend to look for Draco/Harry and Severus/Sirius. The former can be found in huge quantity, but sadly the latter is lacking in number.
                Still, I’ve been neglecting HP in favor of X-Men x] and of course, RK, lately.

• jasmedra

Hehe, overpriced it may be, but I’ll still get it one of these days. Who knows, maybe even this summer.
                  Wow, haha, you might want to be careful what you offer. When I said I had big dreams of expanding my website, I wasn’t kidding. You might be biting off more than you can chew. I wouldn’t want to take up all your time and energy.
                  I’m very happy you like my poems, and thought my Oct 25 one was evocative and real. That is a very high compliment, and I think it has made my day in spite of my exam of doom tomorrow =)
                  Which comic book storyline is your all-time favorite? (If it’s better than Kabuki, please share!) And yes, “emotion on paper” is a great way to describe it.

• jasmedra

Haha, well I’m glad and excited to be able to actually make my dreams of expansion come true for my site =]

• jasmedra

=) thanks. I’ve actually tried it before, but didn’t really stick to it. I’ll give it another try, though, once my finals are done with -.-

• jasmedra

Hehe, I came across the link a while back, and really did want to buy your book, especially since the description sounds positively delicious. Unfortunately, being the poor college student I am, buying textbooks and greasy take-out comes first -.- But I *definitely* will buy it sometime =)
                      Unfortunately, I don’t have enough poetry quite yet to fill a book, nor is it even all that great (though on good days I can convince myself that they’re at least fairly decent). You can find them here – http://www.geocities.com/mischievousxmonk/b_writing_poetry
                      Under the picture on the left-hand side are the titles of various works. So just click on whatever title you want to read, and then the “Back” button when you’re done to continue. Just a note that the link “Daily Chronicles” seemingly leads to a blank page, but that’s because it’s a (slowly) growing chronicle of poems, so again, you would just look under the picture and click on the “day” you want to read. And then just click “back” twice to get back. I know, it’s a huge pain. I’m the only one who doesn’t mind because I made the damn site.
                      The site is my personal one, that I have huge dreams to expand, but which I don’t update nearly as much as I want to, and I know it’s a pain to navigate for most people, but it’d be too hard to change the format. Besides, nobody ever goes the site besides me, and it’s more for my personal ranting/reflection anyway.
                      My SaiSa fic (the first chapter that I have done, anyway) is on there too (click “Writing,” then “Fanfiction,” then “Untitled SaiSa Fanfiction”), though I have to take it down and put up the newly edited version as soon as I finish it.
                      Feel free to browse around. Just a tip, which you might have already figured out. To get anywhere, you’ve got to always look in that left-hand column under the picture. A lot of the pages are under construction though, some probably indefinitely. Ah, well. RL sucks like that.
                      And about the pictures (which you can click to enlarge), the sketchy drawing ones is fabulous artwork from David Mack. He writes and draws the incredible comic/graphic novel series “Kabuki.” Definitely check it out. Actually, here’s a link – http://www.hiddenrobot.com/KDAILY/dailytuned.html
                      They’re doing this thing where they post up a page every weekday from the first volume of Kabuki, “Circle of Blood.” The first volume (and 3rd and 6th) are in black&white, but the rest (the 7th is coming out now) are all in color, and fantastic.
                      Here’s some links to some sample pages from volume 6 “Metamorphosis” (my fav. so far) – http://www.davidmackguide.com/portfolio/kabuki/previews/vol05/01a.shtml

x] sorry, I know that’s a lot, but I get carried away in endorsing Kabuki. I feel extremely compelled to share the joy and inspiration ;] Hope you like it (and my poetry, heh)!

• jasmedra

Hehe, yeah, the site I have now I do in GeoCities, and it can be quite annoying a lot of time -___-

• jasmedra

I should really adopt a routine for updating myself, but I usually just go with whatever fits my mood. It tends to work out with results from disastrous to fair -.-

• momentsdrift

Yeah, Saitou/Sano is my soul. Other pairings are just tokens of affection for Saitou. I am quite fond of Hiko/Saitou and Saitou/Kenshin, but even when I write them it’s more messing around than seriousness.

• jasmedra

Wow, some of these are certainly atypical. Saitou/Yahiko? Hm, Saitou/Yumi… Saitou/Kamatari would be very interesting. Saitou/Tomoe is very, *very* interesting. I’d have to say Saitou/Kaoru is really not my thing. Unfortunately, Kaoru could very well be my least favorite character. Do you have a list (actual or just in your head) for Sano as well?

^__^

OK, I’m now up two hours past bedtime. Good night!!

• momentsdrift

Yeah, Rowling’s writing isn’t what we love Harry Potter for… it’s her ideas and the world she’s created. I could never love any fanfiction better than the real thing, but I definitely recognize the potential for doing so.

Fantasy is the best. I yuff fantasy ^__^ That’s what all my original stuff is.

I also love all those movies you mentioned. I have not penetrated the genre more than those mainstream ones specifically, but stories in that genre sound like fun. I can kinda see what you mean about the names, too… they never bother me in the subtitles, but people saying them out loud might kinda weird me out. One or two characters wis Pretty Noun names work against a backdrop of normal names, but if everyone had such names it might be weird. Still, one can get used to all sorts of stuff in a story if it’s written well…

Poetry is nice too. That’s all I’ve ever gotten off my ass to have published. What type(s) do you generally write?

• momentsdrift

I just write out the code; I don’t use WYSIWYG’s.

• momentsdrift

Well, I’ll have to finish Angles first… (she said as if she ever really waited for one story to be finished before starting a dozen others)… multiple threesomes at once might be taxing!

• momentsdrift

Some people don’t know, but I have made a sacred vow to pair Saitou wis all the characters I like. Therefore Saitou/Chou has to happen eventually :D I have some ideas so far, but it’s still pretty loose and therefore won’t go anywhere for a while. VampiSano is progressing much faster, but also will probably take a bit to show up.

Anyway, thanks! I’m glad you liked the page! Not the last, no… there are still certain… events… at Saitou’s house to be taken care of.

• lovingyouin1963

Well, that’s good to hear ^^
                      I totally love the pairing…have for quite a while now. I’m still working on my own SaiSa, but with work and all *thumbs down* *raspberries*

• jasmedra

Haha. I also haven’t found any well-written Sano/Kenshin fics, though really, after the first few attempts, I stopped looking. Agree about them making Kenshin “wussy whiney weepy” (hooray for alliteration!) Mayhaps you should write a decent Sano/Kenshin? ;D
                      I’ve read some Draco/Harry fics where Draco isn’t sugary sweet, but also isn’t a total heartless bastard. I’ll find them again sometime soon. Off the top of my head, have you read “Irresistible Poison” by Rhysenn? It’s fairly well-known, and you can just google it. It’s not really my fav. Draco/Harry, but I think it’s decent.
                      Sirius is one of my favorite characters in HP (so sad when he was gone), though I didn’t like the way he looked in the movie (he was supposed to be hot! the class heartthrob back in Hogwarts!) Remus is a little too nice for me. Maybe if there was a fic where he was struggling with his dark werewolf side… (me and angst again – sorry, it’s almost natural for me). But I concur that Remus/Tonks is nice.

• jasmedra

If I did take you up on your website offer, how would we do it exactly?
                      Hope you read and enjoy Kabuki as much as I did! ;D

• momentsdrift

Well, well, I’ll look at it tomorrow, then.

• momentsdrift

To tell you the truth, I don’t actually read all that much non-RK fanfiction… though I like quite a few pairings… Lessee…

I like any combination of Weiß Kreuz Schwarz boiz wis anyone, most especially each other; if Schuldig’s involved, that’s best. I like GetBackers’ Akabane, Ban, and Ginji in any combination. I like pretty well any pairing in Shaman King. I adore Haruka/Michiru of Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon. Potentially I like a very large number of Saiyuki pairings, but am avoiding fanfiction of that until I finish the series so as not to be spoiled. I love the idea of damn near every possible pairing in Firefly. I have fallen madly in love wis Link/Midna in Twilight Princess, but have yet to find any good fic for them. I’m a fan of most canon pairings in Shoujo Kakumei Utena and Harry Potter. Hmm. I think that’s all the ones that make me go ♥__♥

• momentsdrift

It is definitely overpriced. There are only fifty poems in it, though the publisher managed to stretch the page-count out to 60, and it’s freaking $12. I’ma self-publish from now on; I can’t stand to give up control like that again.

You know, it is kindof a hobby of mine to make websites… so if you ever want any stuff done along those lines by me, just ask.

I like all your poems; vera good jobon you not to write crappy free verse. My favorite is the Oct 25 one; it was very evocative and real. I should have you read something of mine.

OMG, I love that Mack guy. He did my all-time favorite comic book storyline ever. His art is like emotion on paper. Freaking awesome.

• momentsdrift

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit’s GeoCities’ job to be annoying XD I had my very first website there a long time ago.

The alphabetical-order thing works quite well, I find :D

• momentsdrift

Yeah, pretty well any in-character, well-written fic is fine wis me… especially yaoi (though I mostly say that in relation to RK because I find the female characters generally uninteresting)… and unusual pairings are particularly awesome (when the author makes them work).

And Saitou/Sano is best.

Hiko/Saitou was a side-pairing in One Nightfall, but they have yet to make an appearance as the main focus of any story on my site. My long, semi-serious Hiko/Saitou fic, Big Fat River, continues to grow… but the first chapter continues not to be finished, so I haven’t been able to post any of it yet XD I’ve read a couple of short, cute Hiko/Saitou fics on fanfiction.shit… but I don’t know that I could find them again. It’s not a pairing that you see much of. I have 11 doujinshi about them, though :D

• jasmedra

Haha. For some reason, while I don’t mind reading Saitou/other (than-Sano) pairings, I enjoy reading Sano/other (than-Saitou) more. Though, in either case, I don’t have any specific pairing I’m a fan of, just any that’s well-written.
                      I actually haven’t read any Hiko/Saitou that I can remember (any recs, perhaps?), but Saitou/Kenshin done well, I must admit, is very cool. Do you have any Hiko/Saitou of your own posted up at the website?

• jasmedra

Aww haha, poor Sano. Though I think he’d agree with you =) Sano was my first love x] But I’ve since (I feel muchly guilty for this) started worshipping Saitou instead. Though of course, Sano is still dear to my heart ;D
                      After learning that Saitou/Yumi will be teh angst, I really want to read it haha. I’m such a sucker for angst (I torture my own characters, in direct correlation to how much I like them, in my writing – my friends lament about it to no end when they read my stories).
                      Saitou/Sano is of course my absolute unquestionable favorite pairing in RK (and very very likely my fav. in all fandom), and I’d have to say I can’t really imagine them with any other, hence why I will probably never write any such fic, unless a really good plot bunny shows up at my imaginary doorstep.

• jasmedra

Hm, so what other characters do you plan to pair Saitou with? =)

• jasmedra

I’ll take a look at the fic once I get done with finals (yeah right, I’ll probably look at it tomorrow when I’m supposed to be studying -.-)
                      Haha, too bad you didn’t find Poison interesting. I think it does get a bit too melodramatic at times, but as far as Draco/Harry goes, it’s better than most.
                      I actually haven’t really watched the movies. I’ve seen the first, and GoF, and part of PoA, but that’s it. The movies are fun lots of times, but of course I definitely prefer the books.
                      Hehe yesh, me and angst. Happy endings are nice =) but I think I will always prefer angst. Until I get overwhelmed with despair that is. You should read my original stories (that is, when I finish them -.-). I torture my characters so much. My sister yells at me.

• jasmedra

Hmm, I think I’ll take you up on that. But if you don’t mind, it’ll have to be a bit later in the summer, maybe starting around mid-May?

• jasmedra

Woot! Great page! Definitely one of my favorites. I loved the dialogue (including Chou’s, haha). Is this the last page?
            Saitou/Chou love would be very intriguing. So would a Saitou/Sano/Chou threesome actually *starts getting ideas* (after I finish my SaiSa fic that’s gathering dust, that is -.-) And yes(!) – muchly excited about Vamp!Sano.

• momentsdrift

Yeth, I take my Sacred Vow quite seriously! Even if it’s been five years wis very little progress XD

• momentsdrift

I’m not a huge fan of Draco/Harry, because most of the ones I’ve read make Draco… weird. Like… sweet and shit *shudders* Like he’s just misunderstood *weepweep* Severus/Sirius is good, but I like Severus/Remus or Sirius/Remus better! Also I like Fred and George together, because twincest wins XD

• momentsdrift

Hey, I’m used to working on websites wis a lot of content; it is fun and I like doing it. I made mine, of course (currently in the process of upgrading), and also my sister’s (to her specifications; she drew all the graphics). So, seriously, if you wish, I would be glad to do whatever.

I am glad to make you happy ^__^ I fear poetry gets the least attention of all everything one can post online XD

Mr. Mack did Daredevil: Parts of a Hole, the most incredible run of any comic book I’ve ever read.

• lychee1968

How’s about finishing the Chou x Sano one you started? (which I can’t remember the name of)

• momentsdrift

I need to haul ass on that vampiSano item, don’t I?

• lovingyouin1963

Coolness ^^ I am posting an entry about the stupid reason I’m making a big deal outta it. Hey, your request is kinda cool, actually ^^

• jasmedra

The thing with the books is that I honestly think there might be a few fics out there I actually like better and/or think is better written. My sister had the same problem – now, the canon books seem just like really really long fics to us. But oh well, it’s still canon.
              My writing is gathering dust, especially my SaiSa fic. The only thing I’ve been working on is really my original fiction (but only in my head).
              I have a few projects in original fiction, and they’re all sort of fantasy-ish in one way or another. One is pretty standard fair fantasy, with vampires and sorcerers and all that good stuff. Another is like a Memoirs of a Geisha meets Moulin Rouge with a fantasy twist sort of thing. But my main project is a very long WIP that’s of the wuxia genre (wuxia is the genre that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero, and House of the Flying Daggers all belong to).
              I’ve developed much of the story and characters (there are quite a few of them), but haven’t gotten ANYTHING down on paper, a source of endless frustration for me. This is really because wuxia doesn’t exist in English, it’s a Chinese genre (like the Western is an American genre), so I haven’t quite figured out how to translate terms or phrases, set up cultural and historical background info, make the tone of the story flow well, stuff like that. Even simple things like names are a problem – it would sound so awkward to translate the names. Can you imagine a sentence like, “So, Broken Wind, what do you think we should do about New Beginning?” Not to mention “Broken Wind” sounds like a horrible reference to a fart -.- Things like that. It’s my biggest project though, and actually one I hope to publish. If all goes according to plan, it’ll be 3 trilogies (each with 2-3 novels), so a total of 6-9 novels. It’s kicking my ass though.
              If that ever really gets underway and makes good progress, I’ll start on the fantasy work, though I doubt that’d be published – there’s just too much fantasy out there.
              Other than that, I do poetry sometimes.
              I tend to neglect my fanfics more, because I just feel a lot more freedom with my original stories, and also because for fandom goodness, I can always read other people’s stories (which are probably better than mine). I
              wish I could draw though. It’d be interesting to make sketches of my original characters. I’ve resorted to taking pics from movies and tv series to represent the characters in my wuxia story, partly for fun and partly for inspiration.

• jasmedra

What program would you use to create a site? Or would I pick?

• jasmedra

I wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth! >]

I heart fantasy too =]
                      And I’m glad you like the movies I mentioned. Unfortunately, no one really shares my love of the genre that I know of, so I can’t really talk to people about it or about my own story (I only talk about the story to this one guy who actually doesn’t really know the genre, but just likes my complex – and yes, often angsty – characters.)
                      I made the decision a while back to stick with the names in Chinese form (so “Broken Wind” is Duan Feng), and make notes somewhere explaining the meanings and implications. This isn’t a final decision though, and sometimes I debate it to myself.
                      Hopefully I shall get it published one day, before we are all old geezers, and you can tell me what you think.
                      I typically write free verse poetry – I don’t really stick to any real form. I’ve written a few haikus x] I used to write stictly rhyming poetry, and while it wasn’t disastrous, I was never quite satisfied with them. I can direct you to some of my poetry, if you’d like. I haven’t really showed them to anybody but my friends, and it’s always nice to get a more unbiased opinion =)

• jasmedra

Haha, I have no idea what WYSIWYG’s are, but I think I get what you’re saying. Wow, it’s great you can write out the code. That’s what my brother does, but I’m clueless about stuff like that -.-
                      Hm, it sounds really good. As soon as I get some time, I’ll do a rough outline or something about what sort of layout and content I want. Thanks again!

• jasmedra

Haha I have the same habit (of not finishing one story and starting many many others – that I also don’t finish before starting even more), much to my dismay.

• momentsdrift

Here’s the checklist. I don’t progress very fast because most of the ideas I get are for Sano. Which isn’t a bad thing, of course…

• momentsdrift

Oh, yeah, I saw that and thought it was a pretty cool meme. But then I was drawing all day and didn’t do anything else XD

There, I gived you one.

• momentsdrift

The first HP movie was the best, I thought, though the pacing and editing were not very good; but at least it was fairly accurate. The second was kinda blah… the third one sucked all-’round like magic… the fourth one was very well-made, but whoever adapted the story needed to be shot… we’ll see how bad the fifth one sucks this summer. Who really cares when the book is coming out a week later?? I am so freaking excited.

Angst is fine wis me as long as it doesn’t seem like the author is just dragging it out for its own sake. And as long as there’s an artistic, appropriate ending.

How does your writing progress at this time? Any Saitou/Sano loves for us all to enjoy? And what kind of original stuff do you write?

I have a tendency to neglect my original stuff more than my fanfiction — most likely because I am a review whore and original stuff gets way less attention (e.g. almost none). But then I draw more for my original stories… as of yesterday, I’ve done ten pictures for Crimson Coronation, whereas the most I’ve ever done for a fanfiction has been, like, two XD

• momentsdrift

‘kiday… just drop me a line when you wants to do stuffs ^__^

• momentsdrift

Wow, it seems like a Saitou/Sano/Chou triangle would be well-received. Mayhap I will think about doing one…

• momentsdrift

I have no intention of abandoning Saitou/Sano until I’ve explored every last bit of love that there is in the pairing. And that’s a shitload of love. So, barring unexpected disaster (knock on wood), you can expect continuous attention to Saisa from me for time indeterminate.

• momentsdrift

AAauugh, Sano/Kenshin is the pairing I hate most in the whole world. Nothing innately wrong wis it, but I’ve never seen it written well even once ever. They make Kenshin into the most amazingly wussy whiney weepy codependent freak and I HATE IT SO MUCH OMG. ARRGH. It makes me mad just thinking about it.

OK.

Yeah, Draco being anything but a complete bastard is bothersome to me. I did read a cute Draco/Harry fic not too long ago (OK, it was, like, a year ago) by … I wonder if I could find it again…

Sirius and Remus are some of my favorite characters in HP, so I like pairings wis them. I think Remus/Tonks is freaking adorable. I squealed so much when I got to that. And he totally could have been wis Sirius first, too, so it all works out ^__^

Well, just let me know.

Mayhap I shall read it all :D I already know he is teh awesome!

• momentsdrift

That’s four stories away in the update cycle.

• jasmedra

I also generally think the female characters in RK are uninteresting (and often annoying, actually), and so read mostly yaoi. Though I’d have to say I don’t have practically *any* het. pairings I’m a fan of, except two or three that pretty much no one else likes and thus I can hardly find any of (… wait, I should just write them myself! -.-) I’d guess my preference for slash/yaoi is also because, unfortunately, many female characters just aren’t as interesting or developed as the males, as in RK.
                      Haha, I’ll just keep an eye open for Hiko/Saitou then. The fact that I have no doujinshi makes me sad x[
                      Out of curiosity, what other pairings in other fandoms do you like?

• momentsdrift

Leaving the names in Chinese does seem like the best choice.

Yeth, link me poems! I shall see if I like them :D Here’s mine, in case you like buying overpriced things.

^__^

(It’s “what you see is what you get,” BTW… programs that let you mess around wis how it looks and then write the code for you… you end up wis very messy HTML and a limited amount of control)

• momentsdrift

I’ve been doing it my whole life — no reason to stop now, right? XD Well, having established an actual routine for updating, I’m hoping to keep from neglecting my in-progress stories any more than I have.

• momentsdrift

Saitou/Yahiko has to be an AU, of course; age difference doesn’t bother me to a certain extent, but you have to draw the line somewhere XD I had actually started one once, a long time ago, but it sucked so I abandoned it. One day I will have a great idea and make a new one!!

The Saitou/Yumi story is going to be teh angst ^__^ but at the moment it’s just an idea; I haven’t started it yet. The Saitou/Kamatari story, which I have started, is already adorable; I should really work on that one. Saitou/Tomoe is a can of worms that will require delicate handling and complete attention, so I don’t know when I’ll get to that one.

Kaoru is also my least favorite character. The two stories I’ve written with Saitou/Kaoru are no longer online, as it says there. I consider that sufficient to cross her off the list XD

No, I have no such list for Sano. I will pair him wis whomever I’m inspired to pair him wis, of course, but I have no specific goals for him. We try to keep it quiet that, as raging as my love for Sano is, I love Saitou 12 times more XD

• lovingyouin1963

But progress is still progress, Dear. And the longer you take, the longer I know good SaiSa will be around, ne?

• jasmedra

Eww, sweet!Draco is icky. Maybe I’ll dig up some good Draco/Harry fics for you sometime. I actually haven’t looked much into Severus/Remus, and I’m smacking myself on the head for not even thinking about it. Sirius/Remus is good, but the first few I’ve read just seem to be too friendly for me (me being the angst-whore), a bit like my reaction to many Sano/Kenshin fics. And yes, Fred and George is also cool, though I haven’t read much of it (yet).

• jasmedra

Haha, you’re giving me bad (in a good way) ideas with that website offer *grin*
              Ooh, I know David Mack does Daredevil too, but I’ve just never bothered to pick one up and flip through it. Maybe I shall sometime when I get the chance. But definitely read Kabuki. It is mind-blowing. Hmm… I would scan “Metamorphosis” for you, since I have it (and with me at the dorm too, actually), but you should probably read the series in order. The daily Kabuki site is up to page 160 or something, so you should be busy with that for a while, heh ;]

42. lychee1968

Ooooh, top right panel is sooooo sexy!

43. lovingyouin1963

Heehee. Chou looks like a Gay Superman ^^ I also like the look on Sanosuke’s face xD

• momentsdrift

DA HA HA HA. Chou is a Gay Superman. You have ferreted his secret identity. Excellent work.

*falls over giggling*

• jasmedra

Haha, but probably very funny x]

44. jasmedra

I also like the look on Sano’s face =) And I wish I could see the words, haha

• momentsdrift

You KNOW what happens to spies, right? The James Bond types, anyway? *eyebrow wiggle*

• momentsdrift

Yeah, his dialogue in his last chatty scene was pretty amusing… and also took TWELVE YEARS TO DO.

XD

• momentsdrift

Sankyuu! And Chou’s words are undoubtedly retarded.

• jasmedra

Ooh yeah, question about the maybe-website. Would I have to pay for it? o.o Because I am mucho poor =T

• jasmedra

Just to clarify, I mean, pay for like a host service, a monthly fee or something like that to maintain the site.

• momentsdrift

No, no. Sites are definitely nicer when they have their own domain, but the designing is pretty well the same either way… so whatever you prefer in that area works. Though I should mention that I pay, like, $8 a month for mine.

• jasmedra

Hm, I’m not really sure I understand you >.

• momentsdrift

It’s better to have your own domain and stuff for your site, but if you prefer to use a free host, that’s fine too.

• jasmedra

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying =) so if and when you make my website, you wouldn’t be using any hosts? Sorry to keep asking you questions x|

• momentsdrift

Just whatever webhosting service you prefer… GeoCities or whatever… :)

• jasmedra

cool, cool. I suppose it would be GeoCities, just because it’s the only one I’m really familiar with.

• momentsdrift

Yeth :D :D Only now it’s the “trace the hand-drawn frame from last time and kinda not care how it turns out” room XD

45. lovingyouin1963

Yay! He’s on a futon ^^ That always leads to good things.

46. lovingyouin1963

*snerk* I’d be the idiot to sleep after being in a coma all day, too ^^

Me three! Haha, but you have to admit Sano looks pretty nice asleep there :D

47. lovingyouin1963

I like Sano’s face when he says, “Hey Saitou.” Saitou’s is even better.

• momentsdrift

:D :D :D I was particularly fond of those two frames too.

Haha, I like those two frames too! And Saitou’s last line as well ;D

48. jasmedra

This “anonymous” was me – sorry -.-

• momentsdrift

Heh. Sankyuu too. You know what’s going to happen after he finishes that cigarette?

Haha, well I hope it’s what I think it is *wink*

• momentsdrift

Say no more, say no more.

P.S. I’m posting the first chapter of my vampi fic in a few minutes here. You know, just in case you were hanging around looking for something to read before bed :D

• jasmedra

Ooh, totally! Even if I were planning on sleeping, I’d definitely stick around for some vampSaiSa goodness! ;]

49. lovingyouin1963

I had fun talking wis you teh other night ^^

…and another good page, love

50. jasmedra

Nice page! I likes very much. And why am I not surprised with the poll results? =)
    (Btw, I’ve just recently watched Interview with the Vampire, and thought it was pretty good – thanks for the mention/rec)

51. farstrider

As the person that this was dedicated to all those years ago, let me be the first to say: PAR-TAY!!!!!!. . . congratulations!! you’ve come a long way, baby! I do look forward to Heretic’s Reward even though I know that the poll was rigged> :P Can’t wait!!

~FS

• momentsdrift

I loved those two particular lines too :D :D :D Glad you like!

And I am also looking forward to the start of the new story ^__^

• momentsdrift

Oh, sankyuu. That was my favorite part, that biting. And I believe I draw better objects than people in general, so, yeah XD

52. lovingyouin1963

*does a happy dance*

“Well, that was fun.”

“I’m going to blame your limited vocabulary for that description.”

DAHAHAHAHAHA! Those lines stuck out for me.

They fit together verra nicely, if I do say so myself.

Wow, I can’t believe you’re feeeeeeeenished. TEH PARTAY! w00t!

…and I’m looking forward to Heretic’s Reward — and making wis the chatty chat when you come back from foreign parts ♥

53. lovingyouin1963

P>S> The Saitou-biting-Sano’s-bandages thing was HOT. And you draw nice neeeples. DAHAHAHA.

54. jasmedra

Wootness!! Great ending =) After I read it, I actually went back and read the entire 100 pages over again. Lookin’ forward to Heretic’s Reward ;D Have a great vacation!

Sankyuu and sankyuu!! I am glad you liked it!! ^____^

55. e_witness

*waves sheepishly* Sort of popping briefly back into SaiSa fandom. And discovering there’s so much of your work I hadn’t found before! It’s like coming upon a treasure trove by chance.

I truly had to comment here because this comic was so utterly gorgeous and had me in stitches pretty much throughout all one hundred pages. XD The repetition of “I am Saitou and I [insert wacky predicate]”, the singed antenna, Chou – I just couldn’t stop cackling over every page. And your comments – LOL! This wouldn’t have been the same without them. For the record, I would totally read any comic you drew about objects and not people.

Really amazing work.

• momentsdrift

^__^ Thanks very much! I’m glad you liked it! I remember that I had plans on redrawing at least parts of this for the longest time, but eventually I totally gave up on that XD Ah, I miss Saitou/Sano…

• e_witness

Oh, dear, I hope that doesn’t mean you’ve given up on Saitou/Sano altogether! You’ve always been the shining beacon of SaiSa for me. No matter how long I’ve been away from this corner of fandom, I’ve always known all I had to do was look up “Kuroiyousei” on the ‘net and I’d find SaiSa. :) It’s absolutely extraordinary what you’ve done for this pairing, and it never fails to impress me how dedicated you’ve been to them.

• momentsdrift

No, I haven’t given up on them… but I’ve been so much into Gundam Wing lately that all things Rurouni Kenshin have been back-burner’d. I just miss when Saitou/Sano was still an active thing that existed, is all.

• e_witness

Yeah, I get that. It’s why I’m always so impressed you’ve kept alive this corner of an otherwise fairly dead fandom. Although…did you hear about the new two-part OVA and live action coming out next year? I gotta admit, I got so excited when I heard because it means a possible revival of the entire fandom – and it’s been fifteen years.

Gundam Wing? I never really watched that, but isn’t that an aging fandom as well? :P

• momentsdrift

Yeah, I’ll definitely watch the new animation and the movie, and I hope they’re good (not that they could possibly be worse than Seisou Hen; it’s all uphill from there)… but I’m extremely disappointed that the animation is going to be about Shishio. That dead horse doesn’t really need more beating. I agree, though, that a fandom revival would be wonderful.

GW’s about the same age as RK, but it isn’t about how old something is; rather, it’s how many people are still writing and reading fanfiction of what you want to think about. I’ll admit with only a small amount of shame that I’m a bit of a review-tweaker, and the fact that my GW fics actually get some attention does make some difference XD And then, people are still writing quality fics about the pairings I like there, so I don’t feel like I’m shouting futilely into a big empty cavern and getting back only the echo of my own voice. I guess in the end it all comes down to selfishness XD

• e_witness

Lol, that’s the one good thing about Seisouhen. Yeah, the Kyoto arc was already done pretty much to perfection the first time around; it’d make a lot more sense to move on to the canon material that came afterward. But it has been fifteen years, so maybe this is just testing the waters to see if there’s still enough interest in the best of RuroKen to move on to the fresher stuff.

I have every finger and toe crossed for a revival then. You certainly deserve much more reviewers (and not just flaky ones like me who poke their nose in once every couple years). Well, either way, I’m glad you’re enjoying the GW fandom. :) Even if I’m selfishly plotting to steal you back.

Oh God, I really need to get to bed. Aku Soku Zan(za) was way too addicting. :P

• momentsdrift

You’re right; it would be really nice if the response to the new material sent the message, “WE’RE READY FOR JINCHUU ALREADY.” We’ll see, I suppose XD

I can’t really blame people for ceasing to read my RK stories when all of them have had such long spaces between chapters. These days I’ve totally changed my approach: before I start posting a story, I make sure it’s either finished or to a point far enough along that I’ll be able to keep to a regular posting schedule without catching up to where I am in writing it. Any future chaptered RK stories will follow this rule, though how many of them there are likely to be I’m not sure XD

I’m so glad you liked ASZz ^__^

• e_witness

For the record, I think you already update pretty consistently. I still can’t believe you completed “Gold Eyes False,” and all you complained about the entire time was the brown-ness of Saitou’s office, lol. Still, considering the number of stories you seem to have going on, your new approach is probably not a bad idea.

56. jenovavii

Oh God, this page is hilarious; especially when Sano goes all “I’m Saitou.” to which Saitou himself indifferently retorts with an obvious “No. No you’re not.” I had already cracked at Sano doing muscle poses on the mirror but that line from Saitou killed me. And then the realization. Saitou cursing. The best. :’D

I’m too f-cking lazy to leave commentaries but I really have to let you know how much of a SaiSa Goddess you are (as if you didn’t already know); I love your fanfictions to death. Gonna love this doujinshi to death as well, I’m sure of it.

• momentsdrift

Thank you!! I’m very glad you like my fanfiction ^__^ It’s always so wonderful to find another Saitou/Sano fan!

57. jenovavii

Okay, forget what I said in the other page; page 18 is the shit. I can’t stop laughing, my jaw hurts. That hair and the “Aku Soku Zan. Ahou.” that accompanied it… You’re brilliant. It really looks like a cockroach’s antennae. xD
    Saitou-sama is getting exasperated ~

• momentsdrift

I’m glad you liked it so much! I have to admit, even years later looking back at the terrible art, I still find some parts of this pretty hilarious — and this is definitely one of them XD

58. jenovavii

Here. /hands pack of cancer sticks/

59. jenovavii

Sword-possessing spirits being dicks and ignoring Chou. (x
    His monologue was quite entertaining, I must say. It would have been interesting to hear about the rest of the tale. Also, Saitou’s patience with and, simultaneously, denial of Chou’s existence during his huge-ass word vomits are actually pretty believable.

• momentsdrift

I freaking love Chou. And I love the various takes on the dynamic between him and Saitou that are possible in fanfiction. I love them as grudging friends that really care about each other deep down :D

60. jenovavii

I’m dying. Again. The kneeling and the conspiracy theories and the cute-bundle poking and Saitou’s commentaries/thougth-based-narrative is too much. (‘:

61. jenovavii

The close-up on the eyes is pure win. (*_*)

• momentsdrift

Da ha ha, thanks! I had to glance at the page to see what you meant, and it made me laugh too XD

62. jenovavii

Sano, stop being a pervert and fantasizing about Saitou while in Saitou’s body and– did you just dare to blush with Saitou’s face…?

• momentsdrift

Wouldn’t it be so weird to be in Saitou’s position at that point? To feel yourself blushing and have no idea why? XD

63. jenovavii

Immediate thought upon glancing at the last panel: match box finger-fucking.
    (…)

I am so (not) sorry.

(By the way, I really like the two last panels, they look pretty cool.)

64. jenovavii

I looks like he’s doing a magic trick with his hands in slow motion. (x

65. jenovavii

This page’s sequence flows really nicely. I like the crouching position, the hand picking up the cigarette and the fixing stare at the burned bang a lot.

• momentsdrift

Thanks! I think it works pretty well too; so much of this entire project was hit-and-miss that I’m always glad to look back on anything that was effective :D

66. jenovavii

I am in love with Saitou’s one-sentence-long interventions (just as much as I’m in love with Saitou since watching RK for the first time when I was like six or seven or something); curt, sword-cutting and totally in character. (:

• momentsdrift

Saitou is so good at condescending one-liners, isn’t he? And, ZOMG, yes, isn’t he soOoOo amazing in canon? *__*

67. jenovavii

Kenshin in the last panel. Just… Kenshin in the last panel. xD

• momentsdrift

He looks like he’s covered in blue slime, heh.

68. jenovavii

This page looks pretty good. Love, love, love the way you draw Sano here.

• momentsdrift

As I kinda mentioned in the page commentary, this was one of only a few times in the entire comic that I used a reference for anything, which is why it looks so much better than usual XD

69. jenovavii

Chou is so much love, here! :D

• momentsdrift

Yeah!! I’m really fond of it too!! References make such a ginormous difference, don’t they? XD XD

70. jenovavii

Saitou’s (gloved?) hand looks like a seashell ~

Bandaged Saitou is a (at least) five times hotter Saitou. I really like how you drew the bandages and the lower part of his back, just below the bandages and above the waistline of his trousers.

• momentsdrift

Da ha, you’re right about the seashell XD Glad you like Saitou’s back. I bet Sano likes it too :D

71. jenovavii

Sitting formally + sexy cigarette + SaiSa banter (read foreplay) = intercourse ensues.

72. jenovavii

Unwrapping bandages with teeth is damn erotic. Oh yeah, taking the gloves off was nice too. Good job with the entirety of the intimate scene; Page 98 is beautiful. (:

I also really, really like the way they’re laying entangled in the first panel of page 99. And, of course, the last page… It just had to end with crack.

It was an awesome read, thank you for the hard work. ♥

• momentsdrift

I’m very glad you liked the sex scene. It’s the only thing of that sort I have ever drawn XD Also, I just have to mention that I was extremely grouchy yesterday and started out today much the same, but then I kept getting all your comment lj emails on my phone at work, and it totally cheered me up. I mean, I adore getting comments any time, but they were particularly welcome today. Thank you very much for all of them; I really appreciated it!!

73. corpus-yaoi

Holy smokes, the shading on the nose in the top left picture is fantastic! Man, I ought to get off my butt and get my sketch book, get back ON my butt and DRAW!! what inspiration XDDD

What’s that second kanji supposed to be? the top one is “time” right? The bottom one looks like it might be part of “tail”

ha ha “policey”

• kuroiyousei

It’s got to be a pain for anyone watching the RSS feed or whatever when I’m working on getting this place set up. A few of the old posts from the lj didn’t import, so I have to re-post them here, but they’re not new or anything. Still! I’m glad this old item could entertain you for a moment, anyway :D The kanji are Saitou’s wife’s name, Tokio — so, yes, time!

74. corpus-yaoi

does ken shin say “de gozaru yo” a lot in the series? I know the show is set back in Meiji era Japan, so maybe they would say that but by TODAYS Japanese standards, it sounds pretty hilarious to me, like “If the good sir would be so kind as to follow my humble self into da hizza

XDDD Man, I sure missed the boat when I was back in institutionalized education, i could have studied the PANTS off stuff like this.

75. kuroiyousei

Yes, Kenshin’s all over the “de gozaru.” And you have no idea how hard I just laughed at your “da hizza” comment… seriously, I’m almost in tears. Thank you for that. OMFG.

Apparently even in the Meiji era it was a bit excessive. He uses the pronoun “sessha,” too, and everyone’s always like, What’s with this guy…

76. catsbell

I read/looked at this a few days back, and I was quite literally laughing aloud for most of it. Your commentary was great, along with the hair-fire, among other things.

• kuroiyousei

I’m very glad you found it so amusing! This whole story is a hilarious exercise in accepting the path that brought one to one’s current place. That is to say, it’s only allowed to stick around this place because it is funny XD XD XD Anyway, I’m happy you enjoyed it; thanks for your comments, as always!!