- Commissioned Fiction
- Phone Cases
- Stationary Etc.
- Random Crap
- My Favorites
I’m not really a for-sale-level visual artist, but Zazzle is free to mess around on, so I thought it would be fun to make a bunch of the type of item I would be interested in owning myself. I’ve set the prices as low as I can, and, since it’s fun to design these, I’ll probably keep putting stuff up forever.
My writing I do consider salable, though, and if you’re looking to commission a story, you’ve come to the right place!
If you’d like to support me monetarily but don’t want any of this stuff, buy me a coffee.
Want a story, but can't write it yourself for whatever reason? Desperate for fic about your rarepare and tired of being the only one writing it? Need something to fill space on your themed site? Why not pay me to write it for you? I'm happy to write original fiction or fanfiction, do as much research as necessary, and try to deliver you the best possible story. Acceptable subject matter, though not unlimited, is very broad, and I'm willing to take specific instructions on mood, character interpretation, certain literary techniques, etc.
Because I have an exhausting full-time job and other writing projects of my own, I can't promise a very quick turnaround at this. My standard speed will be 2k words a week, rush speed 5k words a week. Editing time is one additional week for up to 5k words, and another week for every 5k words beyond that. During negotiations I will provide a clear timeframe for the project. Depending on circumstances, I may work faster than listed here.
Base prices (all in USD) are as follows:
- Up to 5k words - $7.50 standard, $15 rush (some stories of this length)
- 5k-10k words - $15 standard, $30 rush (some stories of this length)
- 10k-20k words - $30 standard, $60 rush (some stories of this length)
- 20k-50k words - $65 standard, $125 rush (some stories of this length)
- 50k+ words - Negotiable
Research may add additional time to the project as well as additional fees. A small amount of research -- refamiliarizing myself with a fandom I'm less conversant with, for example -- will cost an extra $5.00 and may take a week. If I have to rewatch 25 episodes of something, though, or rearrange my reading list to revisit a novel I need to know a bit better, that's an extra $25 and may take an unknown amount of extra time. During negotiations I will state clearly how much research I think will be required for the project as described.
As I said, I'm willing to write original fiction or fanfiction, and that includes AU's and crossovers as long as I'm familiar with the fandoms involved/AU setting. To a certain extent, I'm willing to check out a new fandom if there's not too much time involved in getting to know it; just ask. And the lists below may be incomplete; feel free to ask if I've seen/read/played something. Fandoms I'm familiar with are as follows:
Movies and TV Series
- The 10th Kingdom
- Avatar: The Last Airbender/Avatar: The Legend of Korra (Including the comics)
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon (original TV series)
- The Boondocks
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Castlevania (Netflix series)
- Cowboy Bebop
- The DC Animated Universe
- Disney movies (various)
- Gundam Wing
- He-Man and She-Ra (original TV series) and She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix series)
- Jem and the Holograms (original TV series)
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (first three seasons only)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (first three movies only)
- Rurouni Kenshin (all versions/media up through Densetsu no Saigo Hen)
- Shoujo Kakumei Utena (TV-series-verse or movieverse)
- Sofia the First
- Star Trek TOS (TV series only)
- Star Wars
- Steven Universe
- Tiger & Bunny
- Weiß Kreuz (original TV series only)
Books (Note that I will not include aspects of any adaptation)
- Adams, Richard - Watership Down / Tales From Watership Down
- Austen, Jane - All six full-length novels and Lady Susan
- Barrie, Sir J.M. - Peter Pan (novel formal only)
- Baum, L. Frank - The Oz series
- Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan - The Sherlock Holmes canon
- Hines, Jim C. - The Princess Series and Magic Ex Libris
- Hugo, Victor - Les Misérables and The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Jones, Diana Wynne - The Howl books
- King, Laurie R. - The Mary Russell series
- Lang, Andrew - Faery tales
- Leroux, Gaston - The Phantom of the Opera
- Lewis, C.S. - The Chronicles of Narnia
- Meyer, Stephenie - The Twilight Saga
- Mitchell, Margaret - Gone With the Wind
- O'Brian, Patrick - The Aubrey/Maturin series
- Peters, Elizabeth - The Amelia Peabody series
- Pratchett, Terry - Discworld
- Riordan, Rick - The Riordanverse (Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Magnus Chase, etc.)
- Rowling, J.K. - Everything, including the Cormoran Strike series
- Scott, Sir Walter - Ivanhoe
- Shelley, Mary - Frankenstein
- Stoker, Bram - Dracula
- Tolkien, J.R.R. - The basic Middle-Earth books
Subject matter is, as I mentioned, fairly open to your request. I will let you know if you've requested something I'm not comfortable writing. In this case I am willing to write detailed sex, but an additional $25 charge will be assessed and it may take extra time. The inclusion of real people, living or dead, will probably be limited to their public face and probably incur a research fee.
Payment must be made upfront through PayPal once we've worked out the details. I will then send you a summary of what I have in mind for your idea, and we can discuss changes. Then, when it's complete, I will send the unedited draft; at that point, only minor changes (i.e. nothing to overall structure or requiring massive rewriting) will be allowed. For a longer story, I may send a partial draft at the midpoint.
Please note that my style and my grammatical choices are my own. I may accept requests to change certain points in these areas in order to fit better with a mood or theme, but in general they are fixed.
The completed story will be posted here on my archive unless you request otherwise, and will be marked as "Commissioned Fiction" here. You will have the right to use it non-commercially in any way you wish, including posting it anywhere online in a non-commercial context, as long as I, kuroiyousei, am clearly credited as the author. You will not be required to specify that the story was commissioned. A link back to this site is appreciated but not required.
If you're looking for a story for commercial use, we'll have to discuss details.